, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
To ensure TurboTax generates the Long Schedule SE, make sure you have completed the entire Form W-2 interview for clergy income. A common situation occurs when you select the option Pay self-employment tax on wages and housing allowance but do not enter an amount for your housing allowance. You can go back and enter this information correctly:
Here's how to get to the W-2 screens in TurboTax:
- Select the Federal Taxes tab (the Personal tab in the Home & Business edition).
- Select the Wages & Income subtab, click on Explore on My Own.
- Scroll down the Wages & Income screen until you see the Wages and Salaries group.
- Click on the Start/Update button to the right of the Wages and Salaries category.
Next, follow the interview instructions to the Form W-2 Summary screen, select the W-2 where you received your clergy income from and click Edit.
- Continue through the interview to the question Identify W-2 Situations.
- Ensure you check the box for income earned for religious employment and click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter your housing allowance when prompted.