This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.
, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
This article describes how to open your tax return file in the TurboTax CD/Download software.
If you're looking to access a TurboTax Online return, don't use these instructions; instead, click here.
How to open your return
- Open or start your TurboTax program, if it's not already running.
- From the TurboTax File menu (Windows) or TurboTax menu (Mac), choose Open Tax Return.
- Browse to the location of your tax file, and then click Open.
- If you don't know where your tax file is located, see the links at the bottom of this article for help on how to find it.
- If your tax file is stored somewhere other than your hard drive (for example, a thumb drive), copy it to your hard drive first, and then open the copy on your hard drive. This helps prevent data corruption. More info
- In Windows, double-clicking your tax return file to open it can sometimes cause Error 539. For this reason, it's best to open your file using the above procedure.
- Find Your Tax Data File in Windows
- Find Your Tax Return File (Mac CD/Download Software)
- Save a Backup Copy of Your Tax File