How to repair TurboTax in Microsoft Windows
Updating TurboTax may fail if your TurboTax installation has become corrupted or damaged. In some cases, you can resolve the issue by repairing TurboTax.
Follow the steps for your Windows operating system. (Steps may vary slightly, depending on how your particular Windows operating system preferences are set up.)
- On your keyboard, press Windows + E to open the Computer window
Note: in Windows 8, click the Computer tab.
- Click Uninstall or change a program.
- Scroll down to the version of TurboTax you want to repair (look for TurboTax 20YY where YY represents the 2-digit tax year) and then:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista: Right-click TurboTax 20YY and select Uninstall/Change.
- Windows XP: Select it and click the Change/Remove button.
- On the Repair/Uninstall TurboTax screen, click the Repair TurboTax button.