, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
After you've purchased a downloadable product at TurboTax.com (or any 2013 product purchased through our TurboTax Advantage program), you can access it from My Downloads as often as you like for up to 3 years after purchase.
You can also access My Downloads by going to TurboTax.com and then:
- Select CD/download products from the Products & Pricing menu (look for Access my downloads at the top of the page); or
- Select Access my downloads from the Get Started menu; or
- Select Access my downloads at the very bottom (in the My CD/Downloads section).
Then, sign in to My Downloads and follow these instructions to download and install:
- Click the blue download arrow.
- Save the download somewhere on your computer (we recommend your desktop so you can easily find it.)
- After saving the download, install the program: Windows instructions | Mac instructions.
Why don't I see my download after signing in?
You may have signed in with a different User ID than the one you used to purchase the download.
Click here to retrieve a list of all your TurboTax User IDs linked to your e-mail address. Then, try signing in with the other User ID(s).
Tips for Dial-Up Customers
Because they are so large, product downloads can be difficult to download using a dial-up connection.
If you have access to another computer with a high-speed Internet connection, download TurboTax to a CD or flash drive (also called a USB thumb drive) from that computer so you can install it on your dial-up computer. Here's how:
- Insert a CD or attach a flash drive to a computer with a high-speed connection.
- Download TurboTax and save it to the desktop.
- Burn the download to the CD or copy it to your flash drive.
- Delete the file on the desktop and remove the CD or flash drive.
To install TurboTax on your dial-up computer:
- Insert the CD or attach the flash drive to your computer.
- Look for the TurboTax icon on the CD or flash drive, and then copy it to your computer's desktop.
- On your desktop, double-click the TurboTax icon to begin the installation process. See the instructions for Windows and Mac above, for more detailed instructions.
- How long does it normally take to download TurboTax?
- Can't find TurboTax State after downloading
- Downloaded the Wrong State?
- Download TurboTax State (Windows)
- TurboTax Download Questions and Answers
- Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows Download Issues
- Find your TurboTax for Windows software download
- Find your TurboTax for Mac software download
- Install the TurboTax CD/Download software for Windows
- Install the TurboTax CD/Download software for Mac
- Replacing Your TurboTax CD
- Get a PDF Copy of Your 2012 or Earlier TurboTax Online Return