What is a manual update?
A manual update lets you download an update from a different computer than the one TurboTax is installed on, for example if you're having connection issues or can't update automatically.
Manual updates are exclusively available in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software and will only update the federal portion of the program. They're not available for the Mac nor for state programs.
Tip: Manual updates won't convert an older version of TurboTax to a newer one. More info
- Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)
- Manually Update TurboTax Business Software
- How do I download and install an update from another computer?
- Troubleshoot TurboTax for Mac Updating Issues
- How do I update my TurboTax State program?