TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
2872 people found this useful

Where do I enter my 401(k) or Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) contribution?

If you have a 401(k) or TSP through your employer, your contribution is reported in Box 12 of your W-2 with the letter code D.

Because your contribution is included in your W-2, do not re-enter it in the retirement section.

Individual 401(k) plans for the self-employed (also called solo 401k or solo-K plans) are entered in the Business Deductions and Credits section of TurboTax.