This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.
, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Not sure about how and where to enter your information in TurboTax? For starters, you can:
- Search by topic and/or search for a specific form if you want to be taken to the exact place in TurboTax;
- Let TurboTax enter certain information for you, either by transferring last year's tax file or by importing information from financial software or financial institutions.
- Check out TurboTax Community for help from other TurboTax users, tax experts, and TurboTax employees. Chances are someone has a solution or can point you in the right direction.
Below are links to articles with more specific information about where to enter information into TurboTax.
- Form W-2
- Interest Income (Form 1099-INT)
- Miscellaneous Income (Form 1099-MISC)
- Contest winnings, prizes, and awards
- Payments to subcontractors or non-employees
- Government Payments (Form 1099-G)
- Unemployment compensation
- State and local tax refunds
Investment and Retirement Income
- Importing from banks and brokerages
- Entering investment sales
- Retirement plan distributions (Form 1099-R)
- Rental property income and expenses
Less Common Income
Deductions and Credits
- Child and Dependent Care Credit
- IRA Contributions (Form 5498)
- Tuition Statement (Form 1098-T)
- Mortgage Interest (Form 1098)
- Student Loan Interest (Form 1098-E)
- Gambling Losses