, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
TurboTax calculations are guaranteed 100% accurate.
In the event you are assessed a penalty because of a program miscalculation, we will reimburse you for the penalty and the interest. Click here for frequently-asked questions about the 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee.
Before you submit your claim
Please verify that:
- You received an assessment notice regarding a 2012 or earlier tax return.
- You owe penalties and/or interest.
- Your contact information is current.
- You registered your TurboTax software (does not apply to TurboTax Online).
- Your TurboTax software is up-to-date (does not apply to TurboTax Online).
- You entered and classified all of your information accurately.
- You filed an amended return, if we previously asked you to file one.
If you received a notice from the IRS related to the calculation error, click here to download and install the Audit Support Center, which provides additional guidance for your notice.
Submit your claim
You must contact us within 30 days of your penalty assessment. Click here to submit your case for review. Do not wait to respond to the tax authority.
The 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee is a reimbursement program. If we determine that TurboTax made a calculation error, we'll reimburse you for interest and/or penalties you paid to the IRS or state tax authority.
Per the 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee, we do not pay any additional tax liability you may owe.
Did you receive a tax year 2013 assessment notice?
We won't start processing claims for tax year 2013 until early May of 2014, as the IRS and state agencies won't start assessing penalties and interest on tax year 2013 returns before April 15.
If you need help correcting (amending) a filed return, click here.
Did you receive a reduced refund notice (current or prior tax year)? Click here for an explanation.
Do you need tax advice or have a specific tax law question? See Have a Specific Tax Law Question?