TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
88 people found this useful

What are Some Examples of Brokerage Statements?

If you sold stocks, your brokerage should send you a year-end statement that includes a Form 1099-B, Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions.

Just like W-2s, 1099-B forms can vary from one firm to another as they may use a substitute form. Often the forms will say "1099-B composite" or "1099-B substitute" someplace on the form.
For this reason, we've provided several examples of 1099-B forms from some of the more recognizable brokerage firms.

Don't worry if your brokerage isn't listed here; you can still use the above examples as a guide.