What is Audit Defense?
Audit Defense is an optional service that provides full audit representation by a trained tax professional.
It's available for purchase when you go through the Review section of the TurboTax personal product interview.
We've teamed up with TaxResources, Inc. to provide this service for those people who want to know that everything will be handled on their behalf, in the unlikely event of an audit.
What you'll get
TaxResources makes sure you never have to face the IRS. Your tax professional will:
- Defend your return from audits through the highest level of appeals, for 7 years;
- Schedule and attend all audit appointments;.
- Review your tax return for additional problem areas;
- Review your documentation before the IRS sees it;
- Handle all audit correspondence; and
- Provide assistance with all other notices or letters.
- Which returns are eligible for Audit Defense?
- Which returns are not eligible for Audit Defense?
- When will I get my Audit Defense membership kit?
- After reporting an audit, when can I expect to hear back from TaxResources?
- How to remove Audit Defense Services in TurboTax Online