What is Audit Defense?
Audit Defense is an optional, fee-based service that provides full audit representation from a licensed tax professional.
We've teamed up with TaxAudit.com to provide this service to people who want reassurance that everything will be handled on their behalf in the unlikely event of an audit.
Audit Defense is available through the MAX Assist & Defend (TurboTax Online) or as a standalone service (TurboTax desktop software).
What you'll get with Audit Defense
Audit Defense makes sure you never have to face the IRS. Your tax professional will:
- Defend your return from audits through the highest level of appeals, for as long as the return can be audited.
- Schedule and attend all audit appointments;
- Review your tax return for additional problem areas;
- Review your documentation before the IRS sees it;
- Handle all audit correspondence; and
- Provide assistance with all other notices or letters.
- What's the difference between the Audit Risk Meter, your Audit Support Guarantee, and Audit Defense?
- Which returns are eligible for Audit Defense?
- Which returns are not eligible for Audit Defense?
- How do I sign up for Audit Defense?
- When will I get my Audit Defense membership kit?
- I bought MAX or Audit Defense and now I'm being audited
- After reporting an audit, when can I expect to hear back from TaxAudit.com?