This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.
, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
In TurboTax for Windows, black numbers on the onscreen tax form are calculated by the program. More info
To determine how TurboTax came up with that number:
- Switch to Forms Mode and open the form that contains the calculation.
- Or, in the Step-by-Step interview, click Show Relevant Form near the bottom of your screen.
- Right-click the amount and select Data Source.
- If Data Source is grayed-out for that amount, it may have been carried over from a line above it.
- Scroll up and look for that amount on an earlier line.
- In the pop-up, click the line(s) to further drill down to the original data source.