What is Schedule SE?
Schedule SE, Self-Employment Tax is used to figure self-employment tax.
TurboTax automatically generates Schedule SE and calculates your SE tax if you have at least $400 in net self-employment income. The schedule is created once you're finished entering the income and expenses from your self-employment activities.
In other instances where a Schedule SE is required (for instance, church employee income or certain types of partnership income), TurboTax will automatically create Schedule SE as well.
To view your self-employment tax calculation, simply open (continue) your return
- Type schedule se, self-employment tax into the search box, the press Enter key
- Click the Jump to schedule se, self-employment tax link in the search results.
- This will take you to the Self-Employment Tax screen. You can also make income adjustments from this screen for certain uncommon situations.
- What is the self-employment tax?
- What's the difference between self-employment income and other income?