, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
If you qualify, you can use Form 2555-EZ instead of Form 2555, Foreign Earned Income, to figure your foreign earned income exclusion. You cannot exclude more than your foreign earned income for the year.
Entering Form 2555-EZ into TurboTax
If you've already gone through the step-by-step interview and want to jump directly to the entry screen for this topic, follow these directions.
- Select Federal Taxes (Personal in the Home & Business edition).
In Online TurboTax, click the bars at the upper left corner to show Federal Taxes on the selection list; enlarge the screen if needed to show the left side selection list.
- Select Wages & Income, and in the new screen, click on Explore on My Own.
- Scroll down the Your Income summary screen until you see the Less Common Income group.
- Click on the Start/Update button next to the Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion category.
- Follow the prompts.
If you need to correct or change any information you have entered on your Form 2555-EZ, the steps you take depends on if you have already filed your tax return.
- If you have yet to file your return or it was e-filed and rejected by the IRS, simply follow the navigation instructions above, and correct or change your information.
- If you have already e-filed your return and it was accepted by the IRS, you will need to amend your return. See How to Amend a Return You Already Filed.