, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
When downloading your TurboTax software, we recommend saving it to your Windows desktop, so that you can easily find it.
But if you can't find the download, you can easily locate it by searching for its file name. In all cases, the file name extension is .exe.
- TurboTax Federal programs (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, and Business) – Search for w_turbotax
- TurboTax State – Search for w_state and replace state with the state's name.
- For example, search for w_ohio to find your TurboTax Ohio state download.
- For multi-word states, separate the words with an underscore (_). For example, search for w_new_york to find your TurboTax New York state download.
Still can't find it? Just download it again and save it to an easily-accessible location, such as the My Documents folder or your Windows desktop.
- Install the TurboTax CD/Download software for Windows
- How do I download and install the software I purchased at TurboTax.com?
- Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows Download Issues
- Find your TurboTax for Mac software download