TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
866 people found this useful

What is Form 1099-C?

If you're liable for a debt that is later cancelled or forgiven, you'll receive Form 1099-C (Cancellation of Debt).

In most cases, cancelled debt is taxable income, but there are exclusions and exceptions. We'll figure this out for you when you enter your 1099-C.