How do I import QuickBooks data into TurboTax Business?
- Open your return in TurboTax Business.
- From the File menu in the upper left corner, select Import > From QuickBooks.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to import.
Tips for a successful import:
- TurboTax Business 2014-2017 can import from software versions of QuickBooks for Windows 2014 and later.
- You'll need QuickBooks Administrator access.
- QuickBooks should be installed on the same local drive as TurboTax (not networked) and should be registered.
- The QuickBooks company file (.qbw filename extension) must be in single-user mode and should have been opened at least once on the computer you're using to import (no need to leave it open during the import).
- Be sure to update your QuickBooks data before importing so that your books match your tax return.
- If you already imported, you can re-import updated QuickBooks info by selecting Replace whenever prompted.