TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
16 people found this useful

Line 7 (Wages, salaries, tips, etc.) on my 1040 doesn't match my W-2

It won't always match because the etc. in the line description (Wages, salaries, tips, etc.) refers to over a dozen items that might not be on your W-2, including unreported disability or sick pay, scholarship or fellowship income, taxable tips, dependent care or adoption benefits, and excess moving reimbursements just to name a few.

If you're using the CD/download TurboTax software, you can see what's included in Line 7 by switching to Forms mode, opening your 1040 or 1040A form, right-clicking the amount on Line 7 and choosing Data Source, and then clicking Wages, Salaries & Tips Worksheet.

To obtain this worksheet in TurboTax Online, you'll need to open the Print Center from the My Account drop-down in your return and either choose the All forms or Forms filed with the government plus all worksheets option.

GEN81287