TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1589 people found this useful

How do I file an IRS extension (Form 4868) in TurboTax Online?

For most TurboTax Online customers, the deadline to file a federal extension was on April 18.

However, if you're stationed outside of the U.S. with an AE, AP, or AA military address, you have until June 18 to file your extension with the IRS. You can either go to our Easy Extension website or file your extension through TurboTax Online:

  1. Sign in to TurboTax Online.
  2. Click My TurboTax at upper left, then choose Easy Extension.
    • Mobile devices: Tap the upper-left corner to open the side menu, then tap Easy Extension right under My TurboTax.
    • Don't see "My TurboTax"? Try searching for extend at upper right, then click or tap the "Jump to" link at the top of your search results.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to e-file your extension.