, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
When will I be able to download TurboTax?
Generally, TurboTax downloadable software becomes available in early to mid-November at the turbotax.com website.
Downloadable state program become available early December through mid-January, depending upon the state.
Is the TurboTax download software the same as the CD-ROM?
Yes. When you download, you get exactly the same TurboTax software that comes on the CD, except you get it much faster!
Can I download TurboTax directly to a storage device or disk?
You can, but we don't recommend it because it increases the chances of file corruption.
Instead, download TurboTax directly to your hard drive (your desktop is a good choice), and then copy the download to your device or storage disk.
(This method also gives you 2 copies of the download, in case you lose your device.)
What if my download is interrupted or I lose my connection?
No problem. Your download will resume where it left off, without you having to start from the beginning.
How often can I download my software?
As often as you like, up to 3 years after purchase. Just click here and sign in to access and re-download your software.
- How do I download and install the software I purchased at TurboTax.com?
- Availability Dates for 2013 Personal (Individual) State Tax Forms
- How long does it normally take to download TurboTax?
- Find your TurboTax for Windows software download
- Find your TurboTax for Mac software download
- Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows Download Issues
- Troubleshoot TurboTax for Mac Download Issues