What if it's February but I still don't have my W-2?
If it's early in the month, just sit tight. Employers have until January 31 to mail out W-2s, which means your W-2 should arrive any day now.
While you're waiting, here's some things you can do:
- Ask your employer when they mailed out their W-2s.
- Did your employer mail your W-2 to an old address? If so, ask them to re-send it to the new one.
- See if you can import your W-2.
If you haven't received your W-2 by February 14, it's time to take action:
- Grab your last 2017 paystub and call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
- The IRS will ask you for some info before following up with your employer.
- After notifying the IRS, you can either continue waiting for your W-2, or paper-file your return using Form 4852 and your last paystub. Instructions