How do I enter a wash sale?
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
- Inside TurboTax, search for wash sales and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you sell any investments?
- If using TurboTax Online Free Edition or Deluxe, upgrade to Premier before proceeding.
- Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement? From here, you can import or manually enter your 1099-B.
- When you get to Tell us about your [brokerage] 1099-B screen, click or tap I'll enter additional info on my own (under lines 1a – 1e).
- On the next screen, enter the disallowed wash sale loss in box 1g and click or tap Done to record the information.