Entering a Foreign Partner (Form 1065)
How to enter a foreign partner in a form 1065 return.
In the TurboTax Business edition, you can enter a Form 1065 partner that has a foreign address in the Step-By-Step interviews. To enter a foreign address on a Form 1065, follow these steps:
- In your TurboTax Business 1065 Return, select the Business Info tab, and then the Partner/Member Information listing beneath the tabs.
- Select the Edit button to the right of the foreign partner
- Put the address information in the Address-2nd Line.
- Enter the City, Province or State and Postal Code in the City line.
Be sure to follow the foreign country's practice when entering a postal code.
- Select the Country, by choosing from the drop down list found in the "Foreign Country" field.
- Leave the State and Zip Code fields blank.
Note: Foreign addresses on Form 1065 are supported for Electronic Filing. However, following IRS regulations, a form 1120-S return cannot have a foreign shareholder.