, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
It's a good idea to review transferred or imported data make sure it's accurate.
As you proceed through the step-by-step interview, you'll see what was transferred over from last year or imported. You can then update or remove the info as needed.
Finding transferred data
Here's another way to find everything that transferred over from last year:
- From the TurboTax Tools menu (or Windows menu in Mac), select My Tax Data.
- In the pop-up window, click the Source (or Type in Mac) column heading to group and alphabetize the list.
- All items marked Transfer came over from last year's return.
- You can then select a particular line item and click Go To Form (or Jump To Interview if that option is available) so you can view, edit, or delete it.
To delete large amounts of transferred data, it may be easier to start over with a new tax return by choosing New Tax Return from the TurboTax File menu. If you go this route, delete the old 2013 tax file (the one that contains the transferred data) so you don't confuse old and new versions later on.
Finding imported data
To see everything you've imported:
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- Click the Federal Taxes tab (or Personal if using Home & Business) and then select Wages & Income.
- Proceed to the Your 2013 Income Summary screen.
- On that screen, click the first View button to see what documents were imported.
To delete imported information:
- From the TurboTax File menu, select Remove Imported Data.
- Select the item(s) you want to remove and follow the on-screen instructions.
Changing or removing data imported from Quicken or QuickBooks
We don't recommend doing this because your tax return will no longer match the original data source.
This may cause confusion down the road, for example if you are audited and have to recall why the information in TurboTax differs from the source.
For this reason, it's best to update the information in Quicken and QuickBooks before importing.
If you've already imported, you can re-import the updated information after changing it at the source (be sure to select the replace option when prompted).
- Transfer Your 2012 Tax Return Into TurboTax 2013
- Importing in the TurboTax CD/Download Software
- How do I delete a tax return that was created in TurboTax for Windows?
- How do I delete a tax return that was created in TurboTax for Mac?