, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Unfortunately no. After you click Transmit Returns Now, your e-file goes to "pending" status. It will remain in "pending" status until it's either been accepted or rejected by the IRS or state agency.
Think of a "pending" return as "in transit". Just like a mailed postcard, you can't change it once it's gone.
To make corrections, wait until your return's either been accepted or rejected.
- If your return is accepted, you'll need to amend your return.
- If your return gets rejected, you'll have an opportunity to make corrections before you re-file your return.
- How do I look up the status of my e-filed return?
- How to Amend (Change or Correct) a Return You Already Filed
- How do I fix a rejected return?