, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Normally, you can expect an email acknowledgement and/or text message (provided you signed up for these options) within 48 hours after e-filing your tax return.
If you haven't received it, there are other ways to check your e-file status to make sure your return was e-filed.
Why you are not getting our emails or text messages
- Your email provider, or the spam/junk filter on your email program, is blocking our emails.
- Look for the email in your spam or junk folder.
- You can also try adding IntuitElectronicFilingCenter@intuit.com to your Safe Senders list.
- You may have accidentally entered the wrong email address or phone number in TurboTax.
- If that email address or phone number doesn't exist, it doesn't go anywhere.
- If somebody else owns that email address or phone number, they're probably wondering why they received this strange message from TurboTax. (Don't worry – the message only contains the first taxpayer's name entered on the return. It doesn't include Social Security numbers, addresses, account numbers, etc. nor does it mention any tax refund or tax owed amounts.)
- Either way, you can check your efile status by clicking here and following the instructions.
I received a TurboTax email or text message, addressed to a stranger. Do I need to worry?
No. Neither you nor the intended recipient's identity is being compromised in any way.
The intended recipient simply entered the wrong email address or phone number – which happened to be yours – by mistake.
As it turns out, TurboTax has no way of verifying if the email address or phone number entered by a user is valid or correct.
You'll probably receive at least one more message pertaining to this person's e-filing. Just delete the messages and feel free to contact us if you have any concerns about your privacy.