Where Do I Enter State Taxes from my Form W-2?
If you are entering your Form W-2 information manually, follow these steps to enter your state tax information:
- (If you're already on the Enter W-2 screen, skip to Step 5.) Select the Federal Taxes tab at the top of your screen (Personal in the Home & Business version), then select Wages & Income.
- Select I'll choose what I work on.
- Click the Start or Update button next to Wages and Salaries.
- In the Your W-2 Summary screen, select either Add W-2 or Edit to edit an existing W-2.
- Scroll down to State and Local Wage Information.
- Enter your state information and income in Boxes 15-17 and city/local information, if any, in Boxes 18-20.
The information you enter here will transfer to the state program.
- Where do I enter information or a particular form in TurboTax?
- How do I get credit for estimated tax payments?
- How do I handle multiple W-2s from the same employer?