TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1071 people found this useful

Do I claim pension or annuity income on my tax return?

Yes, pensions and annuities are generally taxable income. You should receive a Form 1099-R reporting your total distributions for the year for each plan.

We use the info from your 1099-R and your answers to a series of questions to determine the taxable amount of your distribution.

Follow this link if you’d like help entering your 1099-R or type “1099-R” in the Search box, and select the “Jump to” link from the drop-down list.