, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Installing TurboTax is easy. Just remember not to install TurboTax on a removable flash or thumb drive. Here's why.
- Close all browser windows and programs.
- Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software.
(Download software) Double-click the TurboTax download icon. Find your download.
(CD software) Insert the TurboTax CD into your computer's CD drive. The installation process should start automatically, but if it doesn't:
- Hold down the Windows+R keys to open the Run window.
- Click Browse, and then navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually Drive D).
- Double-click the setup.exe file.
- Click OK to launch the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing TurboTax.
- Re-enable the firewall and virus-detection software you turned off in Step 2.
When you're ready to work on your state tax return, TurboTax will walk you through the TurboTax State download and installation process.
- Troubleshoot Installing and Running TurboTax on Windows
- How do I download the software I purchased at TurboTax.com?
- Can I get a replacement for my TurboTax CD?