How do I install the TurboTax software for Windows?
Installing TurboTax is easy. Start by closing all programs, including any firewall and virus-protection programs (remember to turn those back on after installation is complete).
If you downloaded your TurboTax software, simply double-click the downloaded file to launch the installer. Find your download.
Otherwise, insert the CD into your computer's CD drive (unless your computer doesn't have one) and the installation should start automatically. If it doesn't:
- Hold down the Windows+R keys to open the Run window.
- Click Browse, and then navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually Drive D).
- Double-click the setup.exe file.
- Click OK to launch the installer.
That's it! When you're ready to do your state return, we'll walk you through the state download and installation.
- Troubleshoot Installing and Running TurboTax on Windows
- How do I download the software I purchased at TurboTax.com?
- Can I get a replacement for my TurboTax CD?
- Security Software and TurboTax
- How to Disable Your Virus-Protection Software