How do I get a copy of a return I filed in TurboTax Online?
Note: These instructions do not work for returns that were filed in the TurboTax CD/Download software because those are stored locally on your computer. Scroll down to the Related Articles section for help in finding your tax data file.
If you filed your return in TurboTax Online, you can retrieve a copy by doing the following:
- Sign in at https://myturbotax.intuit.com/ with the same login you used when you filed your return.
- If you can't remember your login, go to the Account Recovery page and enter your email.
- We will send you a list of all User IDs tied to that email address.
- On the My Tax Timeline screen, click the tax year you want (for example, click 2013 Tax Return if you need last year's return.)
- In the Some things you can do section, click Download/print return (PDF) or Download .tax file. What's the difference?
- Message: "Access to prior year returns is locked"
- Why can't I find my TurboTax Online return?
- How to order a copy of your return from the IRS
- Find Your Tax Data File in Windows
- Find Your Tax Data File in Mac