, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
To access a copy of your 2012 or earlier return:
- Sign in to TurboTax at https://myturbotax.intuit.com/
- On the My Tax Timeline, locate the desired year and click Download PDF.
Common problems accessing prior year returns
- You can't find the return
- Access to your prior return is locked
For help finding your return, click here.
If you are seeing a message that the return is locked, you may not have filed last year in a paid version of TurboTax Online (TurboTax Basic or higher, or Military Edition), or you may not be filing in a paid version this year. Common situations:
- You filed 2012 taxes using TurboTax Free Federal edition
- You filed 2012 taxes with a CD/Download version of TurboTax.
How to unlock your prior year returns
Complete the purchase of your 2012 taxes using TurboTax Online Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, or Military Edition.
- TurboTax Online Free Federal Edition will not qualify to access prior year returns
- You can pay for your 2013 return even if you are not ready to file your 2013 taxes. Click here for instructions.
Other options to obtain a copy of your 2012 or earlier tax return
- Request a free transcript of your federal return from the IRS. A transcript is used to verify income and some financial institutons accept it as a substitute for your original tax return. Click here for instructions or see IRS Tax Tip 2011-13 for more details.
- Order an exact copy of your tax return, including all attachments, from the IRS for $50. See IRS Tax Topic 156 for complete instructions.
TurboTax Freedom Edition
- Find Your Tax Data File in Windows
- Find Your Tax Data File in Mac
- Why can't I find my TurboTax Online return?
- Forgot Your TurboTax User ID or Password?
- TurboTax Online return fails to open when viewing or printing