TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
247 people found this useful

What kind of deductions and credits can I take for my child or children?

There are several tax breaks for people with qualifying children. You may be able to:

  • Claim an exemption for each dependent child,
  • Qualify for the Child Tax Credit,
  • Claim childcare expenses to get the Child and Dependent Care Credit,
  • Claim certain education and medical expenses, and
  • Qualify for the Earned Income Credit.

For certain individuals, filing as Head of Household can get even more tax breaks. As you go through the TurboTax interviews, we'll help you get every child-related deduction and credit you qualify for.