TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
2776 people found this useful

Can I e-file with a foreign address?

Yes, you can now file federal (IRS) returns if you or your employer has a non-U.S. address. However, there are some restrictions regarding foreign-address returns:

  • IRS regulations require a U.S. bank account to receive your tax refund, and you'll need a U.S. bank account (or credit/debit card with a U.S. billing address) if paying additional federal taxes owed.
  • Like many stateside merchants, we require a U.S. billing address to pay for TurboTax if using a credit or debit card.
    • If deducting fees from your refund with the optional Refund Processing Service, you'll need a U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO address.
  • Free products (for example, TurboTax Federal Free Edition and Easy Extension) require a U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO address when registering.

Some states also let you e-file with non-U.S. addresses. We'll let you know if your state supports this.