TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
7703 people found this useful

Where do I find last year's state/local refund so I can report it on this year's taxes?

If you transferred last year’s tax data to this year's return, your state and local refunds are automatically brought over with your other tax info.

Also, your state/locality may have sent you a 1099-G form, if they haven’t gone paperless. You should receive your 1099-G by mid-February if your state/locality still sends out paper forms. If you did get a 1099-G, make sure it's for a state/local tax refund, not unemployment compensation.

Here are some other places you might find the amount of last year’s state/local refund:

  • Last year's state tax return
  • Your bank statement showing your entire state/locality refund
  • Your state tax agency (for state refunds) or municipality (for local refunds)