, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Sometimes, saving a copy of your tax return under a different file name can work around certain issues when printing or saving.
Other times, you may want to create a copy so you can experiment with different figures and tax scenarios without affecting your actual tax return file (especially if you already filed the original).
You can do this in the CD/Download software version of TurboTax:
- Open the original tax return in TurboTax.
- From the File menu, choose Save As.
- Update the file name to distinguish it from the original (for example, by adding the word "Copy" or "Test" to the file name).
- Click Save. You are now working in the copy version. Changes you make will not affect the original.
- Find Your Tax Data File in Windows
- Find Your Tax Return File (Mac CD/Download Software)
- Save Your Tax Return as a PDF