What is the Refund Processing Service?
The Refund Processing Service lets you deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal tax refund. It comes in handy if you don't have a credit or debit card to pay your TurboTax fees.
Refund Processing won't slow down or speed up your tax refund. You're not required to use Refund Processing if you simply want to e-file your return or direct-deposit your refund. It's just a convenient way to pay for TurboTax.
There may or may not be a charge for Refund Processing, depending on your situation and which add-ons you choose. Your TurboTax program will display your fees, if any, before you get ready to file.
Refund Processing Requirements
- You'll need to e-file your federal return; it's not available if you paper-file the federal.
- The Refund Processing option only appears if you have a federal tax refund, and you can only deduct your fees from your federal (not state) refund.
- You'll need to direct-deposit your refund into a single account, and the name on the bank account needs to match the name on the tax return.
- Refund Processing can only be used once to pay your fees
- Fees (if any) are charged once, when the IRS processes your return. If your return is rejected, you might have to enter your bank account again, but we won't charge you a second time.