, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Previewing, printing amd saving copies of your SnapTax return will vary, depending on your filing type and status.
Important: When you delete an app from your mobile device, you also delete any associated data files (your copy of your tax return). There is no way to retrieve tax data from your mobile device after you delete your app. You can avoid this issue by backing up your files before deleting the app.
Preview Your Tax Returns Before Filing
You can either preview your tax return directly on your mobile device, or preview a larger version on the web.
Preview On Your Mobile Device
- Tap Step 3 - Get Ready to File.
- On the E-file Info screen, under View Copies, tap Preview Fed and State Tax Returns.
Preview On Our Secure Server
- On the Preview screen, tap the mail icon in the upper right.
- Tap Send Email. We'll send you instructions on how to access and download PDF copies of your tax returns.
- In the email, click the link in the email to go to the sign-in screen.
- Sign in to your online account using your SnapTax User ID and password.
- If you have forgotten the answer to your security question or have other issues logging into your Online Account, please contact us.
- Click Tax Returns to access a PDF copy of your tax return.
Note: Preview copies have a "Do Not File" watermark that is removed once you pay your SnapTax fee and file your tax returns.
Save and Print PDF Copies of Your Tax Returns
Paid and Accepted Tax Returns
Once you pay, e-file your return and receive an acceptance from the IRS, you can access your tax return online. We'll automatically send you instructions on how to access and download PDF copies of your tax returns.
- After you receive the email, click on the link to go to the correct sign-in page.
- Sign in to your Online Account with your SnapTax User ID.
- If you have forgotten the answer to your security question or have other issues logging into your Online Account, please contact support.
- Click Tax Returns to access a PDF copy of your tax return, which you can print and/or save.
Note: If your return was previously rejected and resubmitted, your PDF may contain a document titled "Electronic Postmark - Certification of Electronic Filing" which will indicate the prior rejected submission. This does not indicate that the PDF in your account is the rejected copy of your return, but simply contains a record of the rejected submission.