, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Some customers using the Windows XP operating system have reported unexpected rebooting, with or without the "blue screen" error, while preparing their returns in TurboTax.
Most of the time, this issue is due to a conflict with Intel video drivers, such as Lenovo integrated Intel video drivers.
Your first step should be to update your video drivers by visiting your computer manufacturer's website. More info
If that doesn't resolve the issue for you, try each of these workarounds, one at a time, until the problem goes away:
- Disable (turn off) hardware acceleration:
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Run.
- Type desk.cpl and then press Enter.
- On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
- On the Troubleshoot tab, move the Hardware acceleration slider all the way to the left (None).
- Click OK twice.
- Update Java or download the latest version.
- Change your Regional Language Settings:
- Click the Windows Start button, choose Control Panel then double-click the Regional and Language Options icon.
- Click the Languages tab.
- Click the Details button, and then click the Advanced tab.
- Select the Turn off advanced text services checkbox and then click OK.
- Install TurboTax on a different computer and then move your tax return file to that computer.