Supporting details are not printing with the return
Supporting details, which are kept with your tax records, are notes you can make to yourself about certain line items.
For example, in the Expenses section of Schedule C, you can add supporting details to lines 8 through 26 if you want to itemize the expenses for that particular line.
In some cases, supporting details will not print even if you clear the checkbox at the top of the supporting details window. This is a known program issue.
Until we fix this, you can take screenshots of any supporting details that don't print automatically, and then print from the screenshots:
- Open the form and then select the line that contains the supporting details you want to print.
- From the Edit menu, choose Add Supporting Details (for Mac, the command is Supporting Details).
- Take a screenshot of the Supporting Details window:
Windows – Press the Print Screen or PrtScn key. Next, open Paint (Start > Accessories > Paint) and press Ctrl + V. Save the screenshot to a convenient location, such as your Desktop.
Mac – Press Command + Shift + 4. Drag the "crosshair" cursor to select the area you want to capture, then release your mouse button. Your screenshot will appear as a .png file on your Mac Desktop.
- Open the screenshot you created, and then print it out.
- Repeat these steps for any additional supporting details that didn't print.