Error 42002: Could not connect to the update site
This error occurs when checking for updates. The full message reads:
Could not connect to the update site.
(Error 42002: Unable to connect to the remote server.)
- Your computer's Internet connection, proxy settings, or router may be configured incorrectly.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may be experiencing a technical problem.
- A personal firewall may be blocking communication to the Internet.
- The Intuit Update Server may be experiencing a temporary problem.
To troubleshoot and resolve this issue:
- Make sure your security software is configured to trust TurboTax. More info
- Check your Internet connection.
- Check your proxy settings:
- Open Internet Explorer and choose Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- Click the Connections tab, and then click the LAN settings button.
- Clear (or select) the Automatically detect settings checkbox. The idea is to change it from its original setting.
- Click OK twice to save your change.
- Check your router, and then try updating again.
If issues persist, it's likely that the Update Server is experiencing problems. Wait and try again later, or download and install a manual update instead.