"Your Payment Session Has Timed Out" when attempting to complete the purchase process
Some customers are reporting getting the message "Your payment session has timed out. Please close this window and try your payment again"
You may get this message when trying to submit a credit card to pay for State e-filing fee in the desktop program.
This is an error that should only occur when the payment window has been open for longer than 20 minutes. Under normal circumstances closing this window and re-opening it should allow the payment to process.
If you are using TurboTax for Windows (1040) we do have an alternate workaround:
- On the "How Do You Want To Pay?" screen choose "Charge My Credit Card"
- When the window opens for "Let's Connect to the Internet to Complete your Purchase" click on the link "go here".
- Follow the Purchase by Phone instructions to complete your payment
If you are using TurboTax Business or TurboTax for Macintosh, the pay by phone option is not available
- Use the refund processing services option (Mac) to pay TurboTax fees, however there is a service charge associated to this payment method
- If you normally use a wireless connection, try connecting directly to your modem
- Close TurboTax completely (if you have left it open for a while) and then re-launch and try again
- If you are using established account credentials, try paying for the order without creating an account or using your login information