, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Below are two expandable lists of Windows Installer and .NET Framework errors as well as other issues that can occur when installing or running TurboTax for Windows software.
- Before you look up your error, download the latest Windows updates. This alone may resolve the error, especially if TurboTax was running fine before and only recently started acting up.
- For solutions to problems related to the Microsoft .NET Framework, click here.
- See also the Microsoft Knowledgebase article How to troubleshoot problems that may occur when you install, uninstall, or upgrade a program on a Windows-based computer.
Most Windows Installer errors include a 4- or 5-digit reference code; the most common ones are listed below.
- 1312: Can't create folder
- 1316: MSI Install Exception occurred
- 1324: Invalid character
- 1327: Windows Installer cannot write to the specified drive
- 1334: Error Installing C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\TurboTax
- 1335: Cabinet file is corrupt
- 1406: Could not write value to key
- 1601: Windows Installer service could not be accessed.
- 1603: Fatal error during installation.
- 1604: Installation suspended, incomplete.
- 1605: Unable to flush wrapper.msi
- 1606: Could not access network location
- 1612: Installation source not available
- 1618: Another installation is already in progress.
- 1621: Error starting the Windows Installer service user interface.
- 1622: Error opening installation log file.
- 1625: Installation is forbidden by system policy...
- 1631: Windows Installer service failed to start...
- 1632: The temp folder is either full or inaccessible.
- 1633: Installation package is not supported on this platform.
- 1635: This update package could not be opened...
- 1640: Installation from a Terminal Server client session not permitted...
- 1719: Windows Installer not accessible
- 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly
- 20888-series errors
- 2203: Unexpected error installing package
- 2350: Microsoft Installer error
- 25015: Failed to install assembly...
- 2720: Microsoft Installer error
- 4098: Installation of Windows Installer components failed.
- 4099: Windows Installer is not installed properly...
- 4101: Another instance of setup is already running.
- 4113: Beta NDP components detected.
- 4121: One or more prerequisites for this product is missing.
- 65535: Unexpected error
- 8191: Setup failure—unknown reason
- 8192: Reboot is required.
- TurboTax is already installed
- Post uninstall cleanup exception occurred ...
- TurboTax does not open
- TurboTax engine encountered a problem...
- TurboTax installer has encountered a problem and needs to close. EventType: clr20r3
- Failed to extract archive
- Error Loading Msxml2.DOMDocument.3.0