TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
4290 people found this useful

E-file reject IND-031-03 or IND-032-03: The AGI or Self-select PIN from last year doesn't match IRS records

If you got an e-file reject on or after the April 18, 2017 deadline, and you owe taxes, seeĀ these instructions instead.

If your return was rejected earlier, or you're getting a refund, continue below.

If the 2015 adjusted gross income (AGI) you entered to verify your identity (and/or your spouse's on a joint return) doesn't match the IRS database, you'll get one or both of these rejections:

• IND-031-03: The AGI or Self-select PIN from last year for the first taxpayer doesn't match IRS records
  • IND-032-03: The spouse's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year doesn't match IRS records

Solution

We'll show you how to fix and re-file your return. Click or tap your platform for instructions:

I know my AGI is correct, but I keep getting rejected

If you've already tried the above solution steps without success, you should file a paper return and get it postmarked before midnight on April 18 (AGI not required).

Click or tap your platform for more info:

SLN12645