How do I enter Form 8862?
We can help you file Form 8862. Follow these steps to add it to your taxes.
- Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open. (It is important to be in your actual return or the next steps will not work for you.)
- In the search box, search for 8862 and then click the Jump to 8862 link in the search results. This will navigate to the Earned Income Credit section.
- Answer any questions that apply to you and navigate to the screen where is asks Do any of these uncommon situations apply?
- Check the box that says, I/we got a letter/notice from the IRS telling me/us to fill out an 8862 form to claim the Earned Income Credit. or The IRS sent me/us a notice that I/we can claim the EIC only if we file Form 8862.
- Click Continue and then Done.
- In the Since you got an IRS notice, we need to check if any of these apply to your situation screen, click the radio button next to No, none of these apply and I need to fill out the 8862 form.
- Click Continue.
- Form 8862 will display. Fill out any necessary info and click Continue.
Congrats on filling out Form 8862. We'll help you file it when you're ready..