, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
What's in the latest update?
Release 14 (R14) – February 25, 2015
- Fixed - Form 8839 Your Adoption Credit Summary screen displays incorrect carryforward amount. More info
In addition, R14 incorporates everything in the prior releases listed below.
Release 13 (R13) – February 18, 2015
- Fixed - Wages Earned as a Household Employee interview screen not updated. More info
- Fixed - Error 20174940699 after importing in Windows. More info
- Fixed - Form 8936 error for 2012 vehicle. More info
Release 12 (R12) – February 11, 2015
- Form 1040X is now final.
- Fixed - Your Transmission Didn't Go Through on Florida returns. More info
- Fixed - F8962 Rejection errors. More info
- Fixed - Employer Name is Over 35 Characters import error. More info
- Fixed - Deductions & Credits Summary Screen Showing Incorrect Other Deductions. More info
- Fixed - W2 Transfer Animation Issues in Mac/Firefox. More info
- Fixed - W2 - Box 1 carries over when authorization credentials are wrong. More info
- Fixed - Form 2441 - Daycare Provider errors generated when not eligible for Dependent Care Credit. More info
- Fixed - 1099-SA Distributions incorrectly taxed in return. More info
Release 11a (R11a) – February 9, 2015
R11a has updated the state e-filing requirements. More info
Release 11 (R11) – February 6, 2015
- Forms Mode is restored in TurboTax Basic
- Free upgrade for qualifying Deluxe customers. More info
Release 10 (R10) – January 28, 2015
- The last batch of IRS tax forms (except 1040-X) have been finalized. More info
- Fixed - Unable to create Form 8615 through the interview. More info
- Fixed - Amount on 1040, line 49 showing on the line above, 48d. More info
- Fixed - Error: You entered CA SDI greater than $1016.36, when the amount is 1016.36. More info
- Fixed - Healthcare Insurance error. More info
Release 9 (R9) – January 21, 2015
- About 2 dozen IRS tax forms and worksheets have been finalized. More info
- Fixed - The Health Care Coverage Tax Credit Area Will Be Ready Soon. More info
- Fixed - Per Income: Is not accepting the Ending Date for Physical Presence in a Foreign Country. More info
- Fixed - Schedule A Sales Tax deduction for Nevada. More info
- Fixed - Healthcare Six Digit ECN Numbers Generating Errors. More info
Release 8 (R8) – January 14, 2015
- More IRS tax forms have been finalized for filing. More info
- Fixed - Healthcare penalty incorrectly calculated due to duplicate spouse. More info
- Fixed - Form 8960 Line 7 issue. More info
Release 7 (R7) – January 7, 2015
R7 finalized several IRS tax forms for filing. More info
Release 6 (R6) – December 30, 2014
R6 includes the following:
- Several IRS tax forms have been finalized for for paper-filing. More info
- Summary for This Account screen incorrectly displays short-term sale. More info
Release 5 (R5) – December 17, 2014
R5 is a non-forms release that includes:
- New and updated screens to support the Affordable Care Act requirements;
- Enhancements to EITC, HSA, and MSA screens;
- Forms availability information.
Releases 3 and 4 are TurboTax Online-only. No equivalent updates were released in the TurboTax software.
Release 2 (R2) – November 19, 2014
- R2 introduces version-specific support for IRS tax forms and schedules. More info
- Fixed "TurboTax 2014 can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed" - More info
- No final forms are in this release.
Release 1 (R1) designates the initial TurboTax 2014 product release.
- IRS forms availability for TurboTax Online and CD/Download software (except TurboTax Business)
- What's a "State Prep" update?