TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
929 people found this useful

Can I claim energy-efficient appliances or energy-saving home improvements?

You can't claim Energy Star appliances or water-saving improvements like low-flow toilets, low-flow showerheads, or xeriscaping on your federal return.

But you can get a federal tax credit for qualified energy-saving home improvements, like:

Tip: Many state governments, local municipalities, and utility companies offer incentives for energy- or water-saving home improvements that are not tax-related. An online search will reveal what your state has to offer (for example, you might search for Colorado water rebate or Kentucky energy incentive).