Error 1101: Error reading from file
You get the message Error 1101: Error reading from file in TurboTax.
This is caused by a damaged Windows installer.
Follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del, and then select Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab, and then click Image Name to alphabetize the processes.
- If msiexec.exe is in the list, select it, and then click End Process.
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start, then Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools, and then Services.
- Locate and open the Windows Installer service.
- Verify that the startup type is manual and the service status is stopped.
- Install (or update) TurboTax.