This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.
, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Error 1324: Invalid character occurs when installing TurboTax.
Error 1324 can be caused by
- Forbidden characters (such as / \ : * ? " < > |) in the TurboTax installation folder's name
- A registry key containing an invalid character in a Data field.
To resolve this issue:
- Look for forbidden characters in the TurboTax installation folder's name:
- Search for the file TurboTax 20XX Installer.exe (replace 20XX with the 4-digit tax year).
- Take note of the name of the folder the installer.exe is in and examine the path to the file in the In Folder column. Aside from backslashes (\) to separate folder names, there should only be letters, numbers, or spaces.
- If the folder name is invalid, rename it by browsing or searching for it. Then right-click the folder, choose Rename, and enter a valid folder name. When finished, install TurboTax.
- If the folder name is valid, follow the steps in the "Resolution" section of this Microsoft Support article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327763. When finished, install TurboTax.