, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Error 42015 occurs when attempting to update TurboTax for Windows software. The full error message reads:
Could not connect to the update site
(Error 42015: The proxy name could not be resolved: 'http')
This error can occur if:
- The specified proxy server is invalid; or
- The TurboTax Updater is unable to connect to the Internet using the specified proxy server.
To resolve this error:
- From the Windows Start menu, choose Control Panel (or Settings > Control Panel).
- Double-click Internet Options.
- Click the Connections tab, and then the LAN Settings button.
- Clear the Use a proxy server for your LAN checkbox and click OK twice.
- Try updating TurboTax again.
If you're still having update problems, or cannot connect to the Internet after making the above change, repeat Steps 1-4, except this time select the checkbox in Step 4. Then download a manual update for TurboTax (links are in the Other Articles to Try section at top).