, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Steps that allow you to amend
Some customers, who e-filed their returns but didn't access the software after their returns were accepted, could encounter a problem when trying to amend. TurboTax will look for the accepted status and when it isn't there will say that the return was not e-filed and will not allow the customer to amend.
To resolve this issue:
These instructions tell you how to go complete the File tab in the CD/download version, so that you can amend.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection, preferably wired.
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- Go into Forms mode.
- Add a Form 1040X (Instructions for Win/Mac).
- Go back into Step-by-Step or Easystep mode.
- Make the necessary changes for the amendment.
- Go back into Forms mode in order to verify that the 1040X was populated correctly and that the calculations are correct.
- Print & mail.