, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
When attempting to recover the password to your TurboTax account, you’ll first be prompted for the answer to your Security Question.
We’ve added this extra layer of security for your protection; we want to make sure you are really you.
What if I forgot the answer to my Security Question?
Simply click the Let’s try something else link.
This will display a field where you can enter your Social Security number to verify your account. (If you prepared a joint return, try entering your spouse's Social Security number if yours isn't working.)
I still cannot get in
Try these suggestions first:
- Is it possible your original answer was spelled differently?
- Try adding (or eliminating) extra spaces, hyphens, and special characters. The answer must match the original exactly.
- Note: Security answers are not case-sensitive.
Social Security Numbers
- Did you prepare a joint return? Try your spouse's Social Security number instead.
- If you're 100% sure you're entering the correct Social Security number, and it still isn't working, it's possible that we don't have it on file for some reason.
Still having trouble? Click here and contact us for further assistance.
- Message: "Account has been locked because the answers or social security numbers you've entered don't match..." when attempting to validate your account
- How do I change my Security Question or Answer?